Hearts of Glass: A Conversation About Cultivating Employment, Plants, Community and Inclusion
Thursday, April 15, 4-5 p.m. (virtual)
The Ohio State University Nisonger Center and the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council are excited to bring you the award-winning “Hearts of Glass” documentary and panel discussion.
This film showcases the employment of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and highlights the importance of competitive wages and inclusive employment in a high-tech vertical greenhouse; Vertical Harvest. Join us for a lively discussion with the filmmaker, Vertical Harvest employees, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Ohio DD Council and The Ohio State University Nisonger Center.
You can stream the film at your convenience between Friday, April 9th and Saturday, April 17th HERE.
We invite you to watch the film and join the panel discussion at 4 p.m. April 15th, 2021.
Register Now to join the conversation.
• Jennifer Tennican, Director and Producer of “Hearts of Glass”
• Emily Churchill, Production Manager; Vertical Harvest Farms
• Johnny Fifles, Senior Associate; Vertical Harvest Farms
• Kevin Miller, Executive Director; Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
• Michael Denlinger, Self-Advocate; Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council
• Jessie Green, Program Manager, The Ohio State University Nisonger Center TOPS Program
Hosted by: The Ohio State University Nisonger Center and Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council
In partnership with: Art Possible Ohio, Autism Society of Central Ohio, Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio, Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Gateway Film Center, Ohio Self Determination Association,