Brian Mehling Endowment Fund for Film Industry Internships
Established by Dr. Brian Mehling (BA 1989, MS 1994), this fund helps students from the College of Arts and Sciences to cover living expenses while participating in summer film industry internships. [Fund Number: 644811]
Spring and Fall semester awards to support student’s participation in internship opportunities in the film industry. Funds will be awarded to selected applicants upon confirmation of participation in an official internship.
Eligibility: Competition is open to undergraduate students currently enrolled on the Columbus campus with a declared major in an Arts and Sciences discipline, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher, and an approved internship in the film industry. Funds only awarded after proof of participation in internship.
Documents required to apply:
1) Mehling Fund Application – PDF link:
Document includes personal application information, internship information, contact information for academic references (faculty member, instructor, or advisor), and projected budget for internship.
2) Personal Statement (500-words)
In a separate document, write a 500-word statement as outlined below. Include header in the upper right-hand corner of your personal statemen, with First name, last name.# / Mehling Application
- Describe how receiving the Mehling Endowment Fund for Internships in the Film Industry would enhance your studies or achievement of an academic goal.
- List and discuss the internship(s) you are planning to pursue and how that experience will help you excel in your academic and professional goals.
- Describe how you have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and service within and outside the university during your time at Ohio State.
- If you have other academic or recent life experiences relevant to a merit and/or need-based scholarship (e.g. participation in “Big Brothers/Big Sisters” or other service organizations), or any special circumstances or reasons why you should be considered for a scholarship from the College of Arts and Sciences, please describe them.
3) Advising Report
- Go to BuckeyeLink, login with OSU credentials, then go to the Enrollment and Academic History section of the page to generate your advising report.
4) Proof of Internship
- Provide evidence of internship, with contact information of internship company/contact and dates of internship.
Save all documents and combine as one PDF. Document must be saved and named in the following format: Last Name_#_Mehling Internship Funding Application.pdf.