The Screenwriting Focus Area is designed to give students practical, hands-on experience, training them for careers as professional screenwriters. The courses are designed to allow students to develop a cinematic world, write short and feature-length screenplays, and learn about the business screenwriting for both film and television. Students interested in this focus area should make an appointment with Film Studies Program Coordinator, Matt Swift, to discuss course planning, internships, and how to begin writing your first screenplay.
To schedule an appointment to begin planning the Focus Area email email@example.com.
SCREENWRITING FOCUS - COMPLETE A MINIMUM OF 9 HOURS
* A MINIMUM OF 6 HOURS ARE REQUIRED AT/OR ABOVE THE 4000 LEVEL.
** COURSES CANNOT OVERLAP WITH OTHER FILM MAJOR REQUIREMENTS.
- Film Studies 4800: Concept Development and Storytelling (3)*
- Film Studies 4880: Screenwriting and the Business of Cinema – Film (3)*
- Film Studies 4881: Screenwriting and the Business of Cinema – Television (3)*
- Film Studies 4890: Advanced Screenwriting (3)
- Theatre 5331: Screenwriting (3)